Everything You Want To Know About Sinus Drainage
What Is Sinus Drainage?
To put it simply, it is the overproduction of mucus along with sinus blockage which occurs due to the nasal lining irritation. In this process, an irritant such as dust or dirt enters the nose area and so it continuously tries to get rid of the dust/dirt with the help of histamines but it not really helps. Moreover, it makes the situation worse rather than helping you to get out of it.
Remember, you not really have an option to prevent the irritants or allergens because they are very natural. For instance- it can be dust pollution or perhaps the cigarettes you smoke every morning. Not only the inflammation can cause blockage but may also cause many health problems such as headaches, body pain, nasal drip etc.
Do You Know The Cause Of Sinus Drainage?
Of course, there are many reasons responsible for the cause of sinus drainage but one of the major reasons is the over-production of mucus in the human body. If the mucus doesn’t get released at the right time, it may cause several health issues. If there is a blockage in the nose, how will the mucus released? The only way is through the throat.
Have a look at some of the following reasons to learn about the different causes of sinus drainage:-
- Allergy ( Dust, pollen, mold)
- Exposure to bacteria or some other kind of viruses specifically when your immune system is weak.
- Accidents that resulted in nose damage or perhaps hurt the structure of the nose.
- Nasal polyps or tumours
How You Can Avoid Getting Sinus Drainage?
Of course, you can avoid getting sinus drainage by keeping the following precautions in mind.
Check out the precautions:-
- Keep your immune system healthy by eating health food. Add more green leafy vegetables in your diet. If you suffer from common cold, you should minimise the chances of getting cough/cold.
- Quit smoking! Yes, it’s definitely a difficult task. Rather, when it comes to “Quit smoking”, “Impossible” is the word. But, if you want to live a healthy and happy life with your loved ones, you have to quit smoking.
- In case, you are suffering from any kind of respiratory problems, visit a good doctor now to get the right treatment.
- If you are a patient of allergy, you should better look for a specialist.
- Drink a lot of water!
So, keeping all the precautions in mind, you can live a happy life.
How Can You Treat Sinus Drainage?
Well, you just don’t need to worry if you are suffering from sinus problem because one can treat sinus drainage using different ways. Firstly, you should for some natural or medicated treatment. It depends on the severity of the sinus problem.
What Is Sinus Drainage Medication? How It Can Treat The Sinus Problem?
- Make Use Of Nasal Sprays/Nasal Decongestants
If you have a blocked sinus, it’s the best way to unblock on the sinus but you should not use it regularly because they can cause an aggravation.
- Sinus Medication
It’s a three day procedure which gives you relief from the sinus problem within three days.
Most of the people may not be very well-aware of the importance of hydration while the patient is suffering from nasal-blockage. So, you should drink herbal tea every morning. Don’t forget to have chicken soup in your meal time.
You can now prevent your sinus blockage by keeping the discussed tips in mind.
Live a happy and healthy life!